Miss Possum

Miss Possum
Pale but dynamic

Thursday 17 May 2012

The Puzzle Ring by Kate Forsyth

My rating: 5 of 5 stars false

 My introduction to Kate Forsyth's wonderful children's fantasy writing - after which I gulped down 11 more of her books in row.

The Puzzle Ring has elements of history, of magic, of mystery and a quest. The plot is tight and satisfying, and the writing is as magical as any of Kate's own inventive magical creatures or objects. Like most of her stories, the character, Hannah, learns much about her own courage, kindness and persistence, and makes surprising friends and allies in the least expected places. She also discovers where she really belongs.

Kate Forsyth's stories always have the child or children driving the action and solving the mysteries, and The Puzzle Ring is another terrific offering.

Why have I not discovered this author earlier?

Also posted http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6889348-the-puzzle-ring

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Thank you for such a lovely review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, Thanks for your stories! FYI - I'll be rewriting my other KF reviews, as I don't think they sufficiently convey how wonderful your books are to read. Thanks for your response - very exciting for me!

      Delete